Barkan Meizlish , April 5, 2019
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) are some of the most catastrophic injuries that a person can suffer. This fact is only compounded if a TBI occurred as a result of another’s negligent or reckless behavior. Do not let your TBI go without receiving compensation from the responsible party. Contact the legal professionals at Barkan Meizlish, LLP to help protect your interests and obtain the compensation you deserve. Our experienced legal team has the knowledge and expertise to achieve justice for your injury.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that more than 5.3 million people in the U.S. are suffering from lifelong disabilities caused by traumatic brain injury. In each of these cases, the person who is suffering from the injury will have a drastically altered life that is filled with frequent medical appointments, possible reduced mobility and quality of life. If you have been involved in an accident or medical incident that has led to a TBI, there are actions you can take to ensure that you are compensated for your injury.
Here are some common incidents in which TBIs typically occur:
- Car Accidents — A large percentage of traumatic brain injuries come as a result of car crashes. High-impact accidents can often result in internal collisions of the brain and the skull, which can cause traumatic brain injuries. If you were injured in car accident that was the fault of a negligent or reckless person, contact the traumatic brain injury attorneys at Barkan Meizlish, LLP.
- Falls — An alarmingly large number of TBI cases are a direct result of falls. These incidents, too, can be caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior. Businesses could not properly warn you of a wet floor or properly clear their walkways of snow and ice leading to a fall. If this applies to you, contact the traumatic brain injury attorneys at Barkan Meizlish, LLP.
- Assaults — Personal violent attacks also account for a number of traumatic brain injuries. If you have been assaulted, you can hold your attacker liable for the injury you have suffered. Contact the traumatic brain injury attorneys at Barkan Meizlish, LLP.
If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of another’s behavior, we can pursue litigation so that you can received compensation for the following:
- Medical Bills — The medical procedures that follow a severe injury are expensive. If you were injured as a result of another party’s negligence, you can receive compensation for your medical bills.
- Future Medical Care — With a substantial, severe injury like a TBI, your expenses likely will not end with initial treatment. You will often need further rehabilitation and medical care. You can receive compensation for the future expenses.
- Lost Wages and Earning Ability — After such a dramatic injury, your life likely will no longer be the same. This includes your ability to earn a living. We will seek compensation for current lost wages as well as your diminished ability to earn a living following the injury.
If you are injured as a result of another’s negligence, then you should understand your options for pursuing compensation. Our dedicated, professional legal staff can help answer any questions about TBIs or other personal injuries. The Columbus traumatic brain injury attorneys with Barkan Meizlish, LLP are skilled and experienced in helping clients.